Updated: Feb 14
These granola bars are a delicious snack to have with a cup of tea and they are a yummy , healthy treat to add to kids lunch boxes. It is an easy recipe, quick to make and a healthy grab and go snack to give you a boost of energy for those tired moments when you need a little extra energy. I have adjusted my recipe slightly ( hope Joanna doesn't mind :)
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup cranberries
3/4 cup honey
2 TBL spoon brown sugar
3 TBL spoons salted butter
1 TBL spoon vanilla essence
1/4 mini chocolate chips (optional I've made with and without )
1 TBL Karen Berrios Chia seeds
1) Spread the oats and almonds onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper . Bake at 340 for 8- 10 mins
2) Add coconut and bake for another 5 mins. Take out oven and add chia seeds. Allow to cool then add the cranberries.
3) Mix the honey, sugar, butter ,vanilla essence in a saucepan and heat on low for a few minutes. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
4) Pour honey mixture over the oat mixture and add the chocolate chips
5) Spread into a lined 9X 13 inch dish and put in fridge for 2 hours
6) Cut into snack sized bars
I hope you enjoy !